- 1/3 cup low-calorie natural sweetener (such as Swerve®)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a muffin tin or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix sweetener, almond flour, coconut flour, poppy seeds, lemon zest, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in butter, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Add sweetener mixture. Stir in cream slowly until batter is thick and smooth. Pour into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops are golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
Xanthan gum helps improve texture but is not vital to the recipe.
You will need 1 to 4 tablespoons heavy cream depending on the size of the eggs used.
Coconut oil can be substituted for the butter if desired.